Public Services & Safety Committee
- 6:30 p.m.
- 1st Wednesday of each month
Meetings are open to the public. Some meetings may include time for public comment and will be noted as such on the agenda. Additional meetings may be scheduled as needed with the required notice given.
Agendas & Minutes
As required by the State of Illinois Open Meetings Act, agendas and notices are posted on this website and at Village Hall no later than 48 hours before a meeting.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
- George Yukich, Ex-Officio, Mayor
- Trustee Keith Gray, Chair
- Chris Locacius, Member
- Joseph D. Baber, Staff Liaison
- Michael Salamowicz, Development Services Department Representative
- Homer Road District Representative
- Will County Sheriff's Department Representative
- Northwest Homer Fire Protection District Representative
- Emergency Management Agency Representative
- Homer Township Fire Protection District Representative
The Public Services and Safety Committee has continued to address transportation issues within the Village including "Issues to Resolve" that pertain to traffic control. The committee recently reviewed traffic calming methods and procedures for Village review. The committee researched and made recommendations to the Village Board, which resulted in new legislation concerning fireworks and pyrotechnic displays and animal nuisance. The committee analyzed the red light camera proposal, leaf burning, the removal of Oakwood berm and lightening notification on public property. Both Fire Districts and the Sheriff's Department serve as advisors.