Homer Glen Area Community Parks
Heritage Park - Developing Homer Glen's Future Community ParkThe Village's 103 acre Heritage Park is located behind the Village Hall at 14240 W 151st Street. In May, the Village approved an agreement with Planning Resources Inc. (PRI) to create a Master Park Development Plan. During the course of this project, Village staff will continually update a task list with corresponding dates of completion. Public involvement in this project is crucial.
Click here to view the draft concept plan for Heritage Park. (NOTE: Due to the size of the file, download make take several minutes.)
To ensure that public input was considered in the park naming, the Village's Parks and Recreation Committee coordinated a park naming contest with Homer Junior High and Oak Prairie Junior High. Students were asked to submit a name suggestion along with a brief explanation of the name. Ultimately, three names were chosen from each school. The winning students were recognized at the March 23, 2016 Village Board Meeting.
Name suggestions were also solicited from residents through the Village website and from members of the Parks and Recreation Committee. Ultimately, on June 8, 2016, the Village board unanimously chose the name, "Heritage Park", which was submitted anonymously. Click here to view the explanation that was submitted for Heritage Park.
Planning Resources Inc. (PRI) Providing Design Services
Phase 1 - Inventory, Site Assessment, Initial Park Design and Programming Considerations.
Phase 2 - Schematic Design Concepts, Preferred Alternative Implementation Strategies and Options.
Phase 3 - Final Master Park Development Plan Report.
mySidewalk Public Engagement / Outreach
- Click here to access the mySidewalk site.
- Click on "Sign Up" in the upper right corner of the page. Sign up with email, Facebook, Google, or LinkedIn. (Please note that you need to be 13 years of age or older to participate)
- You will receive a "Thanks for Registering" message.
- Please go to your email or other social media account to verify your account.
- The name of the site is "The Village of Homer Glen's Initiative to Help Plan the Future of Heritage Park".
- Please share your input and check back periodically for updates.
Stakeholder Meetings & Public Open Houses
Stakeholder meetings were held in August of 2016 to gather input on the project. Click here to view summaries of the stakeholder group meetings.
The first public Open House was held on September 20, 2016. Click here to view the presentation shown at the first public Open House.
A second public Open House was held on November 12, 2016.
- Click here to view the presentation shown at the second public Open House.
- Two concept plans were presented at the second public Open House. Click here to view concept option 1. Click here to view concept option 2.
- Two options of representative imagery of park amenities were presented at the second public Open House. Click here to view representative imagery option 1. Click here to view representative imagery option 2.A special Village Board meeting was held on December 19, 2016 for a workshop discussion regarding the final conceptual plans.
- Click here to view the presentation shown at the special Village Board meeting.