Electric Aggregation Savings
Electric Aggregation Program Facts:
- After two Public Hearings, 55.94% of Homer Glen residents voted to pass the March 20, 2012 Referendum directing the Village Board to contract out for an electric aggregation supplier on their behalf. State law requires just one public referendum.
- The Village of Homer Glen joined with 17 other municipalities in Will county to form the intergovernmental Will Electric Aggregation Group. The sole purpose of establishing this intergovernmental group was to gain group buying power for the purchase of competitively priced electricity from an alternative retail electric supplier certified by the State of Illinois.
- After a thorough bid process, Dynegy was chosen as the new retail electric supplier for the Will Electric Aggregation Group for October 2017 to October 2018. Dynegy is an independent seller of power and energy service and is certified as an Alternative Retail Electricity Supplier by the Illinois Commerce Commission (ICC Docket No. 14-0336).
- The price of $0.07190 per kWh is guaranteed until October 2018.
- There is no enrollment, switching or early termination fee.
Dynegy Energy (844) 351-7691
ComEd Price to CompareAs part of the Future Energy Jobs Act passed in 2016, ComEd has a new separate fee called the Renewable Standard Portfolio Fee that has been added to residents' bills. This fee can be found under the taxes and fees section of customers' bills. This fee is different for customers that receive their electricity supply from ComEd versus those who receive their supply from a third party supplier such as Dynegy.
|Supplier||Price to Compare
|Dynegy||7.19||.094||7.284 / kWh|
|ComEd||7.149||.189||7.338 / kWh|