Planning & Zoning Department
Planning and Zoning Department within the Village of Homer Glen focuses on land uses, current and future, their locations within the Village, and administration of the Comprehensive Land Use Plan, the Zoning chapter of the Village Code, and all applicable Zoning District regulations.
Comprehensive Land Use Plan
The Comprehensive Land Use Plan for the Village of Homer Glen was adopted in 2005 and sets forth long-range recommendations for the future growth and development within the village. The goals are to preserve, protect and enhance the community’s quality of life through responsible residential and commercial economic development. The Village strives to maintain open space, preserve the unique rural character, and safeguard the Village’s natural resources.
Planning and Zoning Department reviews the following applications:
- Annexations relating to new developments and businesses within the Village
- Map Amendments
- Planned Unit Developments
- Plats of Subdivisions and Re-subdivisions
- Special Use Permits
Planning and Zoning also includes the review of locations of residential patios, decks, garages, and other similar permits to ensure compliance with the Zoning chapter of the Village Code and applicable residential Zoning District regulations, such as setbacks and lot coverage.
- Contact the Planning and Zoning Department regarding zoning applications, variances, and sign permits.
- Contact the Building Department regarding building permits, including permits for sheds and swimming pools.
- If you have questions or concerns regarding floodplains or flood zones, please contact the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) directly or visit their website at www.fema.gov for more information.