Village Manager Cameron Davis
Phone (708) 301-0632
Fax (708) 301-8407
Email: Village Manager Cameron Davis
The Unrivaled Business Appeal of Homer Glen
Just a commutable trip from Chicago lies an upscale suburban gem located in
one of the country's fastest growing counties. Committed to retaining its
character, Homer Glen has created a strategically inspired commercial
development plan. This plan allows the Village to embrace unprecedented growth
while preserving the resources that have made it so attractive. It's simply the
place businesses want to be.
Where is Homer Glen, Illinois?
- Located in northeastern Will County, Illinois
- 25 miles southwest of downtown Chicago
- Conveniently located to all major Chicagoland airports and major expressways
- Will County is one of the top ten fastest growing counties in the United States
- Will County is expected to become the second most populated county in Illinois by 2030
- Homer Glen is the fourth largest municipality in Will County
What is Fueling Homer Glen's Growth?
- I-355 / Veterans Memorial Tollway with two interchanges (143rd Street and 159th Street)
- Strong public school system, upscale housing and neighborhoods
- Convenient access to massive Will County Intermodal Transportation Facility
- Easy access to developed commuter rail system
- Corporate aircraft accommodations just minutes away
What Does Homer Glen Offer?
- Lake Michigan water, municipal sewer
- No municipal property tax
- Lowest retail sales tax rate in Chicago's southwest suburbs at 8.00%
Who Lives in Homer Glen? (2010 Census)
|Median Household Income:
|Median Owner-Occupied Housing Value:
|Population, 2012 Estimate:
|Bachelor's Degree or Higher, Ages 25+:
More Homer Glen Census QuickFacts...
Major Employers in Homer Glen
More About Homer Glen
Click here for the About Homer Glen page.
Regional and State Planning Links
DCEO - Illinois Dept. of Commerce and Economic Opportunity
CMAP - Chicago
Metropolitan Agency for Planning
To integrate planning for transportation and land use, the Chicago
Metropolitan Agency for Planning (CMAP) has been created by merging the staffs
of the Northeastern Illinois Planning Commission (NIPC) and the Chicago Area
Transportation Study (CATS). CMAP serves the counties of Cook, DuPage, Kane,
Kendall, Lake, McHenry, and Will.