Clarke Mosquito Spraying
Clarke Mosquito will be utilizing their trucks for mosquito abatement
Saturday evening, August 31, 2013.
The product being sprayed, Anvil, is a synthetic product that is normally used at each spraying.
For more information log onto Clarke Mosquito at www.clarke.com
Mosquito Control Service
Mosquito control services within the Village are provided by
If you have any questions regarding their service, please call Clarke at:
West Nile Virus
What Can I Do To Protect Myself Against Mosquitoes That Carry The West Nile Virus?
It is important that residents and businesses eliminate stagnant water on their properties. To avoid mosquito bites and prevent West Nile Virus disease, these precautions are recommended:
- Avoid being outdoors when mosquitoes are most active, especially between dusk and dawn.
- When outdoors at this time, use mosquito repellent.
- Change water in bird baths and wading pools daily.
- Eliminate water in flowerpots, children toys, old tires and any other receptacles.
- Clear gutters and down spouts so water does not sit in them.
- Report catch basin or standing water on your property to Clarke (The Village’s Mosquito Control Contractor) at 1-800-942-2555.
- Un-maintained swimming pools may produce thousands of mosquitoes. Make sure the Village is made aware of any un-maintained swimming pools in your neighborhood.
Print "What can I do to protect myself against mosquitoes that carry the West Nile Virus?"
The Will County West Nile Virus Information Line is available 24 hours daily at 815-740-7631.
Will County Health Department activates West Nile Virus information line. (PDF)
Will County Health Department
501 Ella Avenue
Joliet, IL 60433
Main Phone: (815) 727-5088
Will County Health Department Website
Illinois Department of Health - West Nile Virus information
Center for Disease Control (CDC) - West Nile Virus page