The outline below presents a broad depiction of the development review process in the Village of Homer Glen. Applicants should be made aware that the majority of projects are distinct in their application and may consist of numerous reviews; therefore, they might not fit into the specifics of this outline.
- Contact staff and submit concept plan (5 folded copies, 24’ x 36’).
- Staff reviews plans (3 week turnaround time is required to allow plan, fire, engineering and building staff sufficient time to evaluate the proposed plans).
- Staff will schedule a pre-application meeting with applicant to determine project feasibility and tentative development schedule.
- Submit a formal application and the appropriate fees.
- If application is complete, Village Staff will review and schedule necessary meetings.
- Once plans comply with requirements and ordinances, the applicant will be scheduled for Plan Commission (PC) review.
PLAN COMMISSION PROCESS
- PC Workshop is scheduled. 20 x folded copies of plans must be submitted 3 weeks prior to the scheduled PC meeting date.
- PC provides comments at workshop session(s) and upon satisfactory review, a PC date is scheduled for consideration of development plans at a public hearing.
- 20 folded copies of REVISED plans reflecting any plan changes must be submitted 3 weeks prior to the scheduled PC meeting date.
- If a public hearing is required, Village Staff will publish a legal notice and applicant must mail certified letters of notice and post sign at least 15 days prior to the public hearing date. The applicant must submit all green cards/return receipts to Village staff at the public hearing.
- The PC makes a recommendation to the Village Board (VB).
VILLAGE BOARD PROCESS
- The VB Workshop is scheduled for the next available date after the PC recommendation. The applicant submits 25 x folded copies of the plans 2 weeks prior to the scheduled VB meeting date.
- The VB provides comments to the applicant and staff at the workshop session and VB meeting date is scheduled for consideration of approval.
- 25 x REVISED & UPDATED plans shall be submitted per VB comments 2 weeks prior to the scheduled meeting date.
- The VB Votes on the application at their next available meeting.
- Applicant can apply for building permit(s) through the Building Department.
- An application for a text or map amendment, which has been denied by the Village Board, cannot be resubmitted for a period of 1 year from the date of the order of denial, except on the grounds of new evidence or proof of change of condition found to be valid by the Plan Commission and Village Board.
This outline presents a broad depiction of the development review process within the Village of Homer Glen. Applicants should be made aware that the majority of projects are distinct in their application and may consist of numerous reviews; therefore, they might not fit into the specifics of this outline.