Mosquitoes & West Nile Virus
Clarke Mosquito Spraying
The Village of Homer Glen contracts mosquito abatement services with Clarke Mosquito. In addition to monthly treatment of mosquito breeding sites (i.e. drainage ditches), each month from June thru September, Clarke Mosquito performs one Village-wide spray application in the late evening; reducing the mosquito population by 80%. The Village is notified by Clarke 12-24 hours prior to each spray event; which is then posted on the Village’s Website for advanced notice to residents. If you have any questions regarding their service, please call Clarke at 800-942-2555.
Click Here Version OptionsMosquitoes & West Nile VirusHeadline for more information from Clarke presented at the July 28, 2021 board meeting.
Click Here Version OptionsMosquitoes & West Nile VirusHeadline for information on Anvil 2+2 ULV. For any other questions, please contact Clarke directly.
Residents can also receive advanced notices of spray events by contacting Clarke directly and signing up through their Mosquito Hotline 1-(800)- 942-2555 and asking to be added to the, "Prior Notification List," for the Village of Homer Glen. Residents may also sign up for notifications using Clarke’s online portal, at clarkeportal.com Residents will be asked to provide their name, address, and phone number, and this will allow them to receive a phone call from Clarke the day of the Village-wide spray.
West Nile Virus
It is important that residents and businesses eliminate stagnant water on their properties. To avoid mosquito bites and prevent West Nile Virus disease, these precautions are recommended:
- Avoid being outdoors when mosquitoes are most active, especially between dusk and dawn.
- When outdoors at this time, use mosquito repellent.
- Change water in bird baths and wading pools daily.
- Eliminate water in flowerpots, children toys, old tires and any other receptacles.
- Clear gutters and down spouts so water does not sit in them.
- Unmaintained swimming pools may produce thousands of mosquitoes. Make sure the Village is made aware of any unmaintained swimming pools in your neighborhood.
The Will County West Nile Virus Information Line is available 24 hours daily at 815-740-7631.