Community Development Committee
- 2nd Thursday of the month at 7:00 PM
Note: Please check meeting calendars and agendas to confirm the date, time, and location of meetings.
To enhance the quality of life for Homer Glen residents and promote community pride.
To improve the quality of life for Homer Glen residents by building a sense of community, enhancing communications between the Village and residents, promoting community and civic pride, and encouraging active participation in Village events.
- Promote Civic Involvement
- Develop and Monitor Community Page and Calendar on Website
- Create/Maintain Volunteer Database in conjunction with Village Staff
- Develop/Enhance Community Pride Initiatives
- Recognize Community Volunteers
- Participate in Village Events
- Participate in Community Events
- Support Village Committees
- Organize Community Outreach
- Develop and Conduct Community Surveys
- Recommend Items Pertaining to Village Image (e.g., branding)
- Identify Community Needs and Wants
- Collect and preserve Homer Glen’s History
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval. As required by the State of Illinois Open Meetings Act, agendas and notices are posted on this website and at Village Hall no later than 48 hours before a meeting. Meetings are open to the public. Some meetings may include time for public comment and will be noted as such on the agenda. Additional meetings may be scheduled as needed with the required notice given.
- Trustee Sue Steilen, Chair
- Dan Kenney, Co-Chair
- Sandra Harney
- Sheree Kozel-La Ha
- Tami O’Brien
- Jacquelyn Huff, Staff Liaison