Planning & Zoning Department
Comprehensive Land Use Plan
FOLLOW PROJECT PROGRESS and VIEW DRAFT PLAN HERE AT: https://myhomerglen.org/
Planning and Zoning Department within the Village of Homer Glen focuses on land uses, current and future, their locations within the Village, and administration of the Comprehensive Land Use Plan, the Zoning chapter of the Village Code, and all applicable Zoning District regulations.
Planning and Zoning Department reviews the following applications:
- Annexations relating to new developments and businesses within the Village
- Map Amendments
- Planned Unit Developments
- Plats of Subdivisions and Re-subdivisions
- Special Use Permits
These reviews focus on compliance with Village Ordinances and site plan review. These applications typically require a public hearing before the Plan Commission who then forwards a recommendation onto the Village Board who ultimately acts on the application.
Planning and Zoning also includes the review of locations of residential patios, decks, garages, and other similar permits to ensure compliance with the Zoning chapter of the Village Code and applicable residential Zoning District regulations, such as setbacks and lot coverage.
- Contact the Planning and Zoning Department regarding zoning applications, variances, and sign permits.
- Contact the Building Department regarding building permits, including permits for sheds and swimming pools.
- If you have questions or concerns regarding floodplains or flood zones, please contact the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) directly or visit their website at FEMA for more information.