As you deck the halls this holiday season, be fire smart. A small fire that spreads to a Christmas tree can grow large very quickly. Some not-so-fun facts:
- One of every three home Christmas tree fires is caused by electrical problems.
- Although Christmas tree fires are not common, when they do occur, they are more likely to be serious.
- A heat source too close to the tree causes roughly one in every four of the fires.
Please read these tips for Christmas Tree Safety.
Holiday decorating and entertaining also create more fire risks. Some more not-so-fun facts:
- More than a third of home decoration fires are started by candles.
- Forty-two percent of decoration fires happen because decorations are placed too close to a heat source.
To help ensure a happy and fire-safe holiday season follow these simple tips for Winter Holiday Safety.