Snow Removal & Parking
Winter Parking Ban - October 1 to May 1
- No person or entity shall park or cause or permit to be parked on any street or road within the Village any motor vehicle within the 12 hour period immediately following a snowfall of 2" or more, unless the street or road in question has been cleared of snow.
- The only exceptions to this parking ordinance are emergency vehicles, law enforcement and snow removal vehicles parked while in performance of its duties.
- If your vehicle is found to be illegally parked it may be towed and/or a ticket will be issued. The fines are a minimum of $100 to $250. Reference Ordinance No. 08-006 (PDF).
Please be sure your garbage containers are placed well back from the curb on your garbage pick-up day, before the waste hauler and snowplow have come.
Snow Plowing Questions
If you have questions about snow plowing during snow season please contact:
Homer Glen Public Works
14400 W 151st Street
Homer Glen, IL 60491
Snow Parking Ordinance
Changes to the snow parking ordinance were made on January 8, 2008 to include potential fines for snow parking violations. Please contact Village Hall for additional information.
- Ordinance 08-001 dated January 8, 2008 - An Ordinance Regulating Parking During Snow Removal Operations (PDF)
- Ordinance No. 08-006 dated February 12, 2008 - An Ordinance Establishing Penalties and Fines for Violations of Ordinances of the Village of Homer Glen, Illinois (PDF)
Residents with special needs or circumstances should notify Village Hall before the 1st snowfall.
Snow Plowing Priority Schedule
- Major intersections
- School bus routes
- Primary collector streets
- Feeder streets, cul-de-sacs, dead ends
Street Not Plowed
The following streets are not plowed by the Homer Glen Public Works:
- State Roads:
- 159th Street
- Illinois Route 171
- County Roads:
- Bell Road
- 143rd Street
- Cedar Road South of 159th Street
- Division West of Cedar Road
- Hadley Road East of Parker to Line
- Parker Road South of Bruce Road
- Any new subdivision not accepted by the Village