Ability Awareness Committee
The Ability Awareness Committee is looking for a NEW MEMBER!
Click the picture below to fill out the application!
- 1st Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. in the Village Hall Community Room.
Note: Please check meeting calendars and agendas to confirm the meetings' date, time, and location. Meetings are open to the public. Some meetings may include time for public comment and will be noted as such on the agenda. Additional meetings may be scheduled as needed with the required notice given.
To promote awareness and advocate for an inclusive community, to enhance the self-sufficiency and quality of life for all differently abled residents of Homer Glen.
Explore partnerships with non-profit organizations, businesses, municipalities, school districts, and special recreation districts to increase educational, recreational, and assistance offerings for residents.
• Review, recommend, and propose activities, programs, and special events that are inclusive of the Village's uniquely abled community.
• Plan and execute awareness campaigns, including but not limited to Village proclamations, fundraising drives, and digital content.
• Recommend inclusive and accessible playground equipment and features for Village parks.
• Research and assist with grant applications to improve accessibility and inclusion for Village facilities and programs.
• Review and recommend regulations regarding Village signage or safety device requests, particularly for residents with special needs.
• Gather ideas and input from residents on the diverse needs of the uniquely abled community.
Help us better serve you --take our resident survey to let us know how to serve residents of ALL abilities better!
The Village's Ability Awareness Committee is seeking your input
to help plan for 2024. Please take a few minutes to answer three questions
so we can best serve your needs.
Click on the graphic below to open the survey. Fill out your answers, save the file and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click on the links below for various useful materials and resources.
Will-Ride/ Dial-A-Ride Service
Will-Ride is a Dial-A-Ride service that coordinates the collaborative efforts of Will County Townships to provide transportation services to residents who do not have access to standard public transportation services.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval. As required by the State of Illinois Open Meetings Act, agendas and notices are posted on this website and at Village Hall no later than 48 hours before a meeting. Meetings are open to the public. Some meetings may include time for public comment and will be noted as such on the agenda. Additional meetings may be scheduled as needed with the required notice given.
- Christina Neitzke Troike, Chair
- Karen Adamczyk, Vice-Chair
- Angela McKenna
- Robert O’Connor
- James Crones
- Nicole La Ha Zwiercan
- Kris Pasquini, Staff Liaison