Homer For The Holidays
The Village of Homer Glen has a number of fun activities and promotions planned this holiday season! Due to the current COVID-19 situation, many of the annual in-person holiday events have been cancelled. Instead, the Village invites everyone to shop, dine, decorate, and compete for the holidays!
Shop, Dine, & Win in Homer Glen!
November 22 – December 26
Spend $100 at Homer Glen businesses from November 22 - December 26 and receive an entry into a drawing to win $250 in gift cards to use at businesses in the Village. Anyone can participate! Simply send in your receipt or receipts from Homer Glen businesses totaling at least $100, along with the entry form found on the Village website at homerglenil.org. Winners will be chosen weekly. Up to 100 prizes will be awarded. Enter early and often for the most chances to win! Shop, Dine, & Win entry form
Program Period: The 5-week program will run from Sunday, November 22, through Saturday, December 26, 2020.
How the Program Works:
- The incentive program is open to both residents and non-residents.
- Purchases have to be made at personal services, shopping and/or dining establishments within the corporate limits of Homer Glen. Gas station purchases are not eligible.
- Each week of the 5-week program, winners will be drawn from a lottery. Participants must submit receipts totaling $100 or more, excluding tip, from a Homer Glen personal services, retail and/or eating establishments. Winners will receive a local business gift card(s) totaling a value of $250.
- Dining purchases include take-out, drive-thru and delivery. Purchases at gas stations are not eligible. Purchase of gift cards at Big Box stores are not eligible.
- Complete applications are those that include copies of sales receipts totaling $100 or more (including sales tax but excluding tips), along with applicant name, complete address (no P.O. Boxes), and email address.
- The Village cannot accept partial receipts. Receipts must include: 1) Business establishment name and location; 2) Total cost of purchase; and, 3) Date of purchase.
- Applicants can email a copy of their receipts with a completed entry form, or mail the sales receipts to the Village of Homer Glen, 14240 W. 151st Street, Homer Glen, IL 60491. Applications in envelopes can also be placed in the gray drop box outside the entrance to Village Hall.
- Receipts submitted for one application cannot be used for subsequent applications.
- There is a limit of one household winner for program.
- The Village of Homer Glen is not responsible for incomplete forms or late, lost, illegible, stolen, delayed, un-postmarked, postage due, or misdirected mail.
Homer for the Holidays and Snowman Lane
December 5 – January 3
Heritage Park, 14240 W 151st Street, Homer Glen
The Village of Homer Glen invites all to experience the expanded holiday light display in Heritage Park this season. Three new large-scale light sculptures have been added to the enchantment and photo opportunities this year! Spectators are welcome to walk or drive through the park and enjoy the lights each night until 11 p.m.
Don’t miss the new “Snowman Lane” throughout the light display! In collaboration with the Homer Glen Junior Woman’s Club, the Village will install 48, six-foot-tall, hand-decorated snowmen created by the residents and businesses of Homer Glen. Three prizes will be awarded: One “Homer Glen Junior Woman’s Club Award” will be determined by judges from the club, and two “People’s Choice Awards” will be determined by an online vote.
Saturday, December 5
1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Santa is coming to town! Santa and a parade of vehicles will be riding past the parks of Homer Glen. Residents are encouraged to watch the parade as it passes by their homes.
Deadline to enter is December 17
Holiday Home Decorating Contest
The Village is looking for the brightest, most festive, holiday home this year! Residents who want to show off their holiday spirit are encouraged to enter the 2020 Holiday Home Decorating Contest. Contest entry forms are available on the Village website at homerglenil.org. Holiday Home Decorating Contest Entry Form
“Dress Your Pet” Holiday Costume Photo Contest
Residents of Homer Glen interested in participating in the “Dress Your Pet” photo contest should email email@example.com a photo of your pet in costume - dog, cat, horse, bird, rabbit, pig, reptile, all pets included! Be sure to include your contact information, pet’s name, and details about your pet’s costume for a chance to win! Photos will be posted on the Village Facebook page @villageofhomerglen. The top three pets with the most Facebook likes will win a prize!